Decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan “On the organization of an international art contest for the creation of a monument to the great statesman and politician, the First President of the Republic of Uzbekistan Islam Abduganievich Karimov”
The founder of our independent state, the great statesman and politician, an outstanding son of the Uzbek people, the First President of the Republic of Uzbekistan Islam Abduganievich Karimov, was a man who freed our Motherland from the shackles of the totalitarian regime, revived the country which at that time was on the edge of a precipice. In extremely difficult and unstable situation, despite the various difficulties and obstacles, in a short period, he transformed Uzbekistan into a modern democratic state.
The First President of the Republic of Uzbekistan, with his many-sided political activity, noble human qualities left a vivid, indelible mark in the long history of our country. He became famous as an outstanding personality and a great statesman, who enjoyed great respect and well-deserved recognition not only in Uzbekistan but also on the international arena.
Taking into account the many suggestions of compatriots, the will of our people, given the great historical achievements of the First President of the Republic of Uzbekistan, the Hero of Uzbekistan Islam Abduganievich Karimov, in ensuring the development of the country, our national interests, in order to perpetuate his memory:
1. Approve the proposal of the Academy of Arts of Uzbekistan, Ministry of Culture and Sports, Tashkent city administration, the Academy of Sciences, the Republican center of spirituality, the Union of Writers of Uzbekistan and the general public about the organization of the International art contest to create a monument to the first President of the Republic of Islam Abduganievich Karimov (hereinafter - International competition).
2. Approve the composition of the Organizing Committee for preparation and holding of the International Competition (hereinafter - Organizing Committee) in accordance with Annex.
The Organizing Committee (A.Aripov), within 15 days, to develop and approve the action plan, budget, location, regulations, and Programme of the International competition.
3. Determine that, according to the approved budget of the International competition, the costs associated with its preparation and organization are covered by the budget provided for in the estimates of expenditure of the Academy of Arts of Uzbekistan for 2016-2017.
4. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs through the diplomatic missions of the Republic of Uzbekistan in foreign countries and the diplomatic missions of foreign countries in the Republic of Uzbekistan, within 20 days, to provide the relevant overseas art organizations with the information on the International Competition and the order of participation, presented by the Academy of Arts of Uzbekistan.
5. The Ministry of Higher and Secondary Special Education in accordance with the request of the Organizing Committee to provide the participation of interpreters involved in the International Competition.
6. In accordance with the request of the Academy of Arts of Uzbekistan, exempt from customs duties the goods imported from foreign countries within the framework of the International Competition.
7. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs to provide entry visas to foreign participants of the International competition without levying of consular and other charges.
8. National Airline Company "Uzbekistan Airways" to waive all types of fees from the foreign participants of the International Competition, and the freight relating to its conduct.
9. The Ministry of Internal Affairs to provide public control in the areas of holding the awarding ceremonies of the winners of the International Competition and the safety of the vehicles, serving the members and guests.
10. National Television and Radio Company of Uzbekistan, Uzbekistan National News Agency and other media are recommended to widely cover the processes of the International Competition.
11. Control over the implementation of this Decree is assigned to the Deputy Prime Minister of the Republic of Uzbekistan A.Aripov.
Interim President of the Republic of Uzbekistan Shavkat Mirziyoyev
December 2, 2016.